Diagnosis and Management of Orofacial Pain, Headache, Sleep and
Temporomandibular Disorders ( TMJ or TMD )
Do you have any of the following symptoms?
- Frequent headache
- Face pain
- Craniofacial pain
- Jaw pain
- Jaw joint pain
- TMJ - Temporomandibular Joint Pain
- TMD - Temporomandibular Joint Disfunction
- Head and Neck Pain
- Tinnitus - ringing in ear
- Sleep Apnea, Sleep breathing difficulties, stop breathing, gasps for breath may or may not wake up
Do you notice any of these things happening with your teeth?
- Chipped tooth or teeth chipping
- Tooth grinding or clenching
- Dental Bruxism
- Sore teeth
- Broken teeth or broken molars
- Cracked tooth syndrome
- Flattening off teeth
Note box for Dentists interested in Continuing Education Courses by Dr. Johnson the below:
Dr. John Johnson has been a student of correct jaw and teeth function and Temporomandibular Joint Disfunction (TMD or TMJ) since Dental School at The Ohio State University. Dr. Richard Huffman DDS and Dr Wesley Shankland DDS, were his mentors in this area of study. The use of a leaf gauge Invented by Dr Huffman is instrumental in helping diagnose Muscle and TMJ disfunction, and the useful in creation and adjustments of night guards and other orthotics for the mouth. The leaf gauge is also used in preforming full mouth equilibrations. Addition mentors have been Bill McHorris DDS, Alan Brodine DDS MS, Jim Metz DDS, Richard Tucker DDS and Farran Robson DDS. I would like to give special thanks to the these dentists, and let them know that part of their influence goes into every diagnosis and treatment I provide.
If you are clenching or grinding teeth one or more of the following symptom could develop:
- Loose teeth - loose teeth can lose bone and develop gum disease also called periodontal disease
- Broken teeth
- Worn teeth - look old, also worn teeth eventually chip
- Sore jaw muscles
- Sore or painful jaw joint (TMJ)
If you are chipping or flattening front teeth or wearing or breaking molars you may want a night guard.