Once you've experienced sedation dentistry with Dr Johnson, you'll probably never be afraid to go to the dentist again.
You'll be sedated just enough to be unaware of the treatment, as if you were relaxing. You'll wake up refreshed, with little or no memory of what was accomplished.
Because you are completely comfortable, we can do years of dental treatments in one or two visits. We can replace crowns or dentures, restore sore gums to good health, whiten yellow or stained teeth, fix a chipped tooth, and more. People with very busy schedules can get the dental care they need, easily and quickly.
Imagine being able to smile with confidence and chew your food without pain. No wonder so many patients say: "Sedation dentistry changed my life."
Tell me about how sedation dental care works...
When you arrive in our office, you will be escorted into the comfort room, covered with a thick, warm blanket and placed on a monitor to watch your vital signs. After you are comfortable, Dr. Johnson and the experienced clinical team at Midwest Holistic Dentistry will take care of your dental needs.
When your treatment is completed, your companion will return you home to finish your comfortable, relaxing day.
Tell me more about Sedation Dentistry...
- It Really Works! You really can relax through your dental appointment.
- You will have little or no memory of the experience. You probably won't remember any sounds or smells.
- Complex dental treatments that often require six to eight appointments, can be done in as little as one! All while you relax.
- People who have difficulty getting numb will find that sedation dentistry eliminates this problem.
- Sedation dentistry is a safe way to reduce the fatigue of extended dental treatment requiring long visits.
Commonly Asked Questions About Sedation Dentistry
Will I feel any discomfort?
No. You will feel completely comfortable!
Will I be unconscious?
No, you will be in a deeply relaxed state, and you will be responsive.
Will I be monitored?
Yes, one of our team is always with you and your vital signs are monitored during the entire visit. You are never alone.
How long will I be relaxing?
Depending on your needs, from two to six hours.
Will someone need to accompany me?
Yes, due to the sedative effects of the medication, you will need someone to drive you to our office and home again.
Who Is a Candidate For Sedation Dentistry?
People who have . . .
- high fear
- traumatic dental experiences
- difficulty getting numb
- a bad gag reflex
- very sensitive teeth
- complex dental problems
- limited time to complete dental care
People who . . .
- hate needles and shots!
- hate the noises, smells and tastes associated with dental care
- are afraid or embarrassed about their teeth